Businesses that deal with high traffic and goods can benefit a lot from an integrated system of tracking that can help them improve their processes in real time. Indoor Positioning Systems (IPS) are one such systems that is gaining a lot of track for businesses of all sizes. These systems use a variety of technologies to track the location of people or objects indoors, and they can be used to improve a wide range of business processes.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the benefits of using an indoor positioning system for your business. We’ll also cover the different types of IPS available and how to choose the right system for your needs.
Benefits of Using an Indoor Positioning System.
There are many benefits to using an indoor positioning system for your business. Here are just a few of the most common benefits:
- Improved customer service – IPS can help you to improve customer service by providing your employees with real-time information about the location of customers. This information can be used to help customers find their way around your business or to provide them with personalized service.
- Increased sales – IPS can help you to increase sales by providing you with insights into customer behavior. For example, you can use IPS to track the paths that customers take through your business and to identify areas where you can improve the customer experience.
- Enhanced security – IPS can help you to enhance security by tracking the location of employees and assets. This information can be used to prevent theft, monitor employee productivity, and ensure the safety of your employees.
- Reduced costs – IPS can help you to reduce costs by improving efficiency and productivity. For example, you can use IPS to track the movement of inventory, optimize the layout of your business, and reduce the number of lost items.
Types of Indoor Positioning Systems.
There are a number of different types of indoor positioning systems available. The most common types of IPS include:
- Wi-Fi positioning – This type of IPS uses Wi-Fi signals to track the location of devices. Wi-Fi positioning is a relatively affordable and easy-to-implement type of IPS.
- Bluetooth positioning – This type of IPS uses Bluetooth signals to track the location of devices. Bluetooth positioning is more accurate than Wi-Fi positioning, but it is also more expensive and more difficult to implement.
- Ultrasound positioning – This type of IPS uses ultrasound signals to track the location of devices. Ultrasound positioning is very accurate, but it is also more expensive and more difficult to implement than other types of IPS.
- UWB Positioning– UWB, also known as Ultra Wideband, is a short-range RF technique for wireless communication that can be used to pinpoint the exact location of individuals, objects, and assets. UWB is a communication protocol that can be used to send data between devices using radio waves, just like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but its accuracy is far greater than those two.
How to Choose the Right Indoor Positioning System.
The right indoor positioning system for your business will depend on your specific needs and requirements. Let’s look at some of the factors to consider when choosing an IPS:
- The size of your business – If you have a large business, you’ll need an IPS that can track a large number of devices.
- The accuracy of the system – How accurate does the system need to be? If you need high accuracy, you’ll need to choose a system like UWB precision indoor positioning system.
- The cost of the system - IPS can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
- The ease of implementation – How easy is it to implement the system? Some systems are more difficult to implement than others.
Indoor positioning systems can offer a number of benefits for businesses of all sizes. If you’re looking for ways to improve customer service, increase sales, enhance security, or reduce costs, then an IPS may be a good option for your business.
UbiTrack by UbiBot is an integrated multi-dimensional indoor positioning solution that provides a holistic system for all your business needs. It can access functions such as real-time positioning, tracking playback, surveillance camera linkage, electronic fence alarm, and more. Contact us to learn more about our UbiTrack system and how it can help your business improve its operations.